YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Right Turn Only

So as you know, one of my resolutions is to get out, and explore the beautiful places of San Diego. I want to soak up as much as I can, while I'm here. You can learn a lot about the city you live in and about yourself.

Here are a few places I've found that are worth sharing. Fun times:)

[Presido Park, January 19]

A few weeks back, I planned a whole day, by myself to just get in my car and drive somewhere that looked like a good place to lay in some grass, and walk around with my camera. I was so excited to get out of my 8:30 class,  hop in my car, and go. Well, sometimes God has something better up His sleeve then what you intended, and boy I love that! It's funny the places you are brought to, when you seemed to be lost.

I got out of class, drove and saw a pretty decent park. I got out, strolled around, ended up hiking up a hill that seemed to be straight out of Jurassic Park. I was all by myself and I didn't feel safe. Disappointed, I hiked down the hill, and got in my car to go home. I came to the streetlight, where I needed to go straight in order to get home. Well, This light refused and demanded that I could only turn right, which led to a freeway ramp that takes you to who knows where. If you have ever drove with me, you know Im horrible with directions. I didn't want to get onto mystery freeway, no way, nodda. Although, for some reason when I was waiting at that light, I thought that I needed to turn right. It was going to take me to a better adventure, that I couldn't see. I obeyed, turned right, and took and immediate right after that. Bam. I stumbled upon one incredible place. I was on top of a hill, viewing all of San Diego. 




It was a wonderful day to take a walk with God, and I explored something new.  

[Balboa, February 23]

Took all my sketching pencils, markers, and what nots down to Balboa park to sketch for the afternoon. Possibly spark up some inspiration. Not to mention it was a great reason to get outside, its been absolute beautiful weather.


As I sketched, I was whistled at by a few 6th grader studs, and ended up meeting the group of kids who were on a field trip. The boys were then embarrassed, and acted to cool for school, ha. I chatted it up with the gals who told me they wanted to become artists and designers, and "draw pretty" like me. Too cute. One even asked for an autograph. Already famous people ;) 



[La Jolla Beach Cove February 23] 

Amanda, Aubrey and I drove down to La Jolla Beach Cove a little before the sunset. Right when I stepped out of the car, I was greeted with a breeze and the fresh ocean mist. I was literally stunned by the beauty. I leaned over the white picket fence that was holding back wild daisies as I stared with eyes wide open at this glorious painting. The ocean was so blue, and you could see every wave roll in, creating the perfect soundtrack. I love the power and strength it has. Sea lions were swimming all about, and resting on the seaside rock. I thought to myself I cant believe I live here. Im so thankful.




A local artist I met. He's been painting here for over 15 years. 




[Mount Soledad February 24/25]

If you ever plan on visiting yours truly, I can promise I will take you here, whether you want to or not.  I know you'll want to though, because who doesn't love viewing an entire city at night? 

Around 11 the other night Amanda and I packed my camera, a flashlight, and some glowsticks. It was time for some long exposure shots :D What better place than Mount Soledad. Well the drive up there was pretty terrifying, considering the fact we didn't really have a clue where we were going, it was pitch dark outside, and the GPS lady was telling us to turn right, down the darkest road I have ever possibly seen. In the end we eventually got there. Right in the middle, there is a war memorial with a huge cross, with steps leading up to it. At the top was a group of young guys playing the acoustic guitar and singing some worship songs. It was the coolest thing ever, it was 12 at night, and we were at the tippity top of San Diego, viewing all the shimmering lights, with awesome music. Couldn't of got much better. We sang, cheered, and clapped, and then headed down to a grassy area and ran around with flashlights. Yeah, people probably thought we were a little crazy. But hey, just go out and have some fun:) 

Love the face. Classic. 




Hope you have a great rest of the night:) 

Go out and explore something new. Put yourself out there, you never know what you can find. 













2 comments:

  1. ok so yeah, this was a wonderful way to start off my day. the pictures were phenomenal (definitely loved the long exposure shots!), and i really digged (dug? :b) your insight and perspective which seemed to change with each literal perspective change. definitely a splendid read, and, as promised, i am taking a nap now. :]

    ReplyDelete